Transport for London Public NoticeNotice ID: SUT1413387
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
The A23 GLA Road (Purley Way, London Borough Of Croydon) (Temporary Banned Turn And Suspension of Bus Lane) Order 2019 1 Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable installation of pedestrian crossing works to take place at A23 Purley Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any person or vehicle from turning right into Purley Way from the southern arm of Propeller Crescent:
The Order will be effective at certain times from 08:00 AM 21 st October 2019 until 11:59 PM 30th November 2019 or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner, subject to the provisions of article 4 below.
The Order will also allow all traffic to use the northbound bus lane on A23 Purley Way between its junction with Coldharbour Road and outside No.526 Purley Way.
The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Purley Way, Coldharbour Road, Denning Avenue and Purley Way to normal route of travel.
Dated this 17th day of October 2019 Jenny Melbourne
Performance and Planning Manager-South Transport for London
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON