ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS AVENUE ROAD, NEW MALDENNotice ID: MF0516059
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS AVENUE ROAD, NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Avenue Road, Kingston in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the new water connection in the carriageway, on behalf of Thames Water, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) prohibit any vehicle or person from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Avenue Road at the junction with Grafton Road, New Malden.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 11 November 2019 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will take approximately 5days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be in place via Avenue Road, Cambridge Road, High Street, Grafton Road vise versa.
MERVYN BARTLETT, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2,
Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU. 19th August 2019.