ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1297594
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
STANLEY PARK ROAD AREA
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate traffic calming feature works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 12 August 2019 with works expected to take 4 weeks to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily close the road and introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' (including suspension of parking bays) on both sides at their junction with Stanley Park Road:-
? Crichton Road;
? Fir Tree Grove; and
? Queen Mary's Avenue.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be for:-
? Crichton Road via Warnham Court Road, Sussex Road Crichton Road and Beeches Avenue;
? Fir Tree Grove via Stanley Park Road, Balfour Road and Oaks Way; and
? Queen Mary's Avenue:-
o westbound via Stanley Park Road, Woodmansterne
Road and Kings Avenue, o eastbound via Balfour Road and Gaynesford Road.
Note: all diversion routes will be vice versa
5. Any vehicle that is in contravention of the temporary waiting & loading restrictions at a time when these restrictions apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport Dated: 8 August 2019.