ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1198965
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of Reigate and Banstead Borough Council and Surrey County Council hereby gives notice that in order to construct road humps and Zebra crossings and because the works are being executed on or near the road it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 1 July 2019 with works expected to take 1 months to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
- close the road in:-
Chiltern Road between its junctions with Brighton Road and Heath Drive; and
Cotswold Road between its junctions with Brighton Road and the entrance to Sutton Hospital.
- introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' on both sides of the road in Cotswold Road from its junction with Brighton Road southwards for a distance of 50 metres (including the suspension of Permit Holder Parking Bays).
Please note that the above closures will be carried out in phases.
4. An alternative route for vehicular will be for:-
Chiltern Road, via Brighton Road, The Downsway, Heath Drive and vice versa; and
Cotswold Road via Brighton Road, Bolters Lane, Winkworth Road, Sutton Lane, Cotswold Road and vice versa.
5. Any vehicle that is in contravention of the temporary waiting & loading restrictions at a time when these restrictions apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager Highways and Transport Dated: 6 June 2019
Issued by Warren Shadbolt, Executive Head of Safer and Stronger Communities - London Borough of Sutton