LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE BROADWAY, WIMBLEDON (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019Notice ID: SUT1186830
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE BROADWAY, WIMBLEDON (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate pedestrian crossing works and highway Improvement works In The Broadway, Wimbledon, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular traffic In the said road.
2. During the works no person will:-
(a) cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in The Broadway, Wimbledon between its junction with Russell Road and its junction with Palmerston Road;
(b) cause or permit any vehicle to wait, including for the purpose of loading or unloading any vehicle, in The Broadway, Wimbledon, in the length of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a) above.
3. Any designated parking place situated in the length of The Broadway, Wimbledon, specified in sub-paragraph 2(a) above will be suspended for the duration of the works.
4. During the works, the 7.5 tonne weight limit in Hartfield Road and Queens Road will be suspended.
5. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
6. Vehicular access to properties adjacent to the restricted length of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a) above will be maintained insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference.
7. Vehicular traffic affected by the road closure should proceed using Merton Road, Merton High Street, Haydons Road, Queens Road, The Broadway, Gladstone Road, Sir Cyril Black Way, Hartfield Road and Kingston Road.
8. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
9. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
10. The Order will come into operation on Monday 3rd June 2019 and remain in force for one month. It is anticipated that the works will carried out over two consecutive nights only, between the hours of 8.30pm on 3rd June 2019 and 5am the following day and between 8.30pm on 4th June 2019 and 5am the following day.
Dated 31 May 2019.
Head of future Merton London Borough of Merton
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX
Telephone: 020 8274 4901