Warlingham smashed Sevenoaks 32-0 in London Two South East on Saturday.

Both teams and spectators stood in silence before the game in respect for the former Warlingham Chairman Paul Anderson who tragically died earlier in the week aged 54.

The mark of respect seemed to dwell upon the Warlingham players as Sevenoaks had the best of the early exchanges.

Playing with a strong wind at their backs Warlingham failed to kick stratigically and put themselves under early pressure but, with the tight Warlingham defence giving no quarter, they absorbed the early pressure and, when they forced themselves downfield, Sevenoaks were penalised and full back Joe McEvoy slotted his first points of the afternoon.

A swift response from Sevenoaks saw them apparently score a try in the corner only for the referee to signal a forward pass.

A Warlingham riposte saw play centre on the Sevenoaks tryline and, with the whole Warlingham pack in full flight, hooker Dan Street forced through the defence for the first try. McEvoy calmly slotted the conversion.

Playing with the elements Warlingham forced the pace and a determined break by centre Ben Wimble took the visitors deep into the Sevenoaks half.

Scrum half Jon Perkins was looking his normal feisty self and a long cheeky pass to winger Alex Skinner saw him dash over the tryline - only for the refereee to blow up for another forward pass.

Nevertheless, the pressure was constantly on the home side and a clever kick ahead saw centre Ben Wimble collect and cross the tryline unapposed. McEvoy added the conversion.

With the Street brothers, Tom and Dan, Anthony Abou-Zeid and returning-from-injury lock Nick Ray closing down any whisper of a Sevenoaks revival, Warlingham turned the screw. A successful penalty by McEvoy took Warlingham into the second half with a decent platform.

After the break it was expected that Sevenoaks would take the wind and rain advantage and reduce the deficit.

However, Warlingham cleverly closed down the game with a succession of rolling mauls and drives deep into the home side's half and with No 8 (and captain) Neil Robson and flanker Zak King always making ground, Sevenoaks were just not able to secure enough clean ball to make an impact on the game and, when Warlingham pressurised again, Dan Street progressed the momentum and crashed through for his second score. McEvoy again added the important conversion.

Sevenoaks were desperate to get on the scoreboard but Warlingham remained in control and, having spent at least 10 minutes camped on the Sevenoaksd tryline, they eventually broke the Sevenoaks defence with a multi-phased attack from the mauls and James Delderfield gleefully claimed the fourth,bonus point, try. Much to the chagrin of the eager Warlingham supporters, McEvoy missed the final conversion and the referee brought the game to a close.

After the game, head coach Tom Street said: "Our recent fitness regime stood us in good stead today on a muddy pitch we retained our momentum and discipline. To keep a clean scoresheet in these conditions was a very creditable result."

Warlingham: Abou-Zeid, D Sreet, Nunn, L Delderfield, Ray,King. Murphy, Robson (capt), Perkins, Saffery, Osborne, T Street, Wimble, A Skinner, McEvoy.

Subs: Agate, Scutt, J Delderffield.