A Charlie Moone hat trick provided the foundation to a thrilling win for 10-man Hampton & Richmond Borough at the Beveree over a troubled Truro City, but it was Reece Jones's injury-time winner that stole the show for boss Mark Harper's men.

Moone only started after news new signing Joel ledgister had been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken knee cap suffered in last Tuesday's Middlesex Cup win over Hendon.

But the striker made his presence felt soon enough as he gave his side a 14th minute lead with a finish from 15 yards out.

The lead was only to last 13 minutes as the Beavers conceded a goal from a set piece once again.

A Truro corner to the back post wasn't cleared and after a short scramble, Andy Watkins forced the ball home from close range.

Truro continued to create the better chances; on 36 minutes Jake Ash's volley through a crowd of players was just tipped wide by Craig Ross, and 4 minutes later Watkins shot from just inside the box drifted wide.

The half time break was now within sight, but Truro still could have gone in front as Watkins managed to miss the target after receiving Kelly's pass in the middle of the box.

Truro continued their positive play as the second half opened, but once again the Beavers made their chances count on 52 minutes.

Charlie Moone took advantage of Billy Jeffreys' dummy at a corner to loop an accurate header over Chenoweth to give the Beavers the advantage again.

Two minutes later, the game shifted as Hampton defender Dean Inman was booked twice in 3 minutes - one was deserved, the second could be described as somewhat questionable.

On the hour, Truro equalised with a spectacular goal from Andy Watkins, receiving the ball outside the box, he smashed a screamer from the corner of the area which gave Craig Ross no chance as it bounced in off the inside of the post.

Less than two minutes later, Truro took the lead. Les Afful received the ball as it was cleared from a corner, but instead of bringing it down he hit it on the volley from some 25 yards out.

The ball flew past Ross into the top corner of the goal, barely a keeper in the division or in the professional leagues would have got a fingertip to it, and such was its quality.

In previous games, the Beavers might have subsided quietly, but someone forgot to mention that to Moone. A sweet corner from the Beavers left fell invitingly in front of him, he threw himself at the ball, and put it past Chenoweth with a spectacular diving header from about eight yards.

With the scores level, the scene was set for a nail-biting last 25 minutes, both teams had chances.

Just after the equaliser, Billy Jeffreys nearly opened his Beavers account with a reflex header that was blocked on the line, to the travelling Truro supporters’ relief.

Cody Cooke managed to fire a shot at Craig Ross 10 minutes later, but form then on it was mostly the Beavers who made the better chances.

Esmond James - on for Jamie Simmonds - found Tom Hickey just outside the box, but the shot flew wide of Chenoweth's post.

With just three minutes on the clock, Tarpey's very long range volley went well over the bar, and the game was drifting towards a point apiece.

However, the Beavers were still doing most of the attacking, and for once, that determination was rewarded. In the second minute of added time, Tarpey made a run down the left and cut inside the wrong-footed defender, bearing down on the goal.

Chenoweth rushed out of his goal to head Tarpey off, but with good awareness, Tarpey then slid the ball past the keeper towards the back post and Reece Jones.

Jones had cleverly stayed onside and was thus left with the easiest of tap ins from a couple of yards out for the winner.

The Beveree erupted as the 10 men had not only restored the lead, but given Truro a killer blow from which they had no time to recover from.

After the game, Mark Harper was clearly delighted at the way the team fought back, "Great result today, the boys dug in deep especially when down to 10 men. Massive credit goes out to Charlie Moone for a superb hat-trick!!"

With rivals Staines Town losing, and no-one in the bottom six winning, the gap to Staines is now just 4 points and the Beavers still have three games in hand on them.

The future is in their hands now, the next games are so important; against Dover and a visit from Maidenhead, and the team will know that wins are pretty much the only result for them now.