Residents escape roof fire in Pollards Hill

Two people escaped unharmed from a fire at a home in Pollards Hill this morning.

Firefighters were called to Wide Way at 3.30am, to reports of a roof well alight at a residential property.

Two fire engines from Norbury and another from Mitcham tackled the blaze, which is believed to have been caused by a faulty electrical board.

Two people who were inside the home when the fire broke out escaped unharmed.

The fire was extinguished shortly before 6am.

A spokesman from Norbury fire station said the roof was almost "90 to 100 per cent" damaged in the blaze.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree