Romanian woman Andreea Cristea, who fell into the Thames during Westminster terror attack, has died in hospital.

The 31-year-old woman had been receiving medical treatment in hospital following the attack and life support was withdrawn yesterday, 6 April.

Andreea was a Romanian national who was on holiday in London.

Her family and partner, Andrei Burnaz, released a moving statement for their "beloved and irreplaceable Andreea" and praised the work of Met Police.

They said the money that was raised for her recovery will instead be donated to charity because "she would not have it any other way".

Andreea is the fifth victim of the terrorist attack on March 22 where 52-year-old Khalid Masood went on an 82-second rampage outside Westminster.

The other victims were ex-Bromley police officer PC Keith Palmer, 48, Clapham pensioner Leslie Rhodes, 75, American tourist Kurt Cochran, 54, and Aysha Frade, 44.

The Thames riverside lifeboat volunteers Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) rescued Andreea after she fell from the bridge.

The family's statement read: "After fighting for her life for over two weeks, our beloved and irreplaceable Andreea - wonderful daughter, sister, partner, dedicated friend and the most unique and life loving person you can imagine - was cruelly and brutally ripped away from our lives in the most heartless and spiritless way.

"She will always be remembered as our shining ray of light that will forever keep on shining in our hearts.

"Andreea is now unfortunately not able to have part of the money that was raised for her recovery, so we would like to donate it to charity. She would not have it any other way.

"There are no words to even begin to describe the crushing pain and emptiness that is left in our hearts.

"Our family, together with Andrei, are deeply touched and eternally grateful for the unimaginable efforts and never-ending dedication provided to her and us by the entire medical personnel of each and every hospital involved. Their kindness and empathy are beyond compare.

"We would not have been able to live through these trying and tragically hurtful weeks without the support of the Metropolitan Police, the UK Government and every department involved.

"Our hearts and love go out to our two Family Liaison Officers, Detective Sergeants Tony De-Wilde and Geraint Jones, who stood beside us every single step of the way. You were our lifeline and we will never be able to thank you enough."