Three men accused of shooting a five-year-old girl as she played in her uncle's shop have been found guilty.

Anthony McCalla, 20, from Streatham, and his accomplices Nathaniel Grant, 21, and Kazeem Kolawole, 19, were convicted of causing grievous bodily harm to little Thusha Kamaleswaren, who was left paralysed from the waist down after the shooting.

They were also convicted of causing grievous bodily harm to 35-year-old Roshan Selvakumar, who was shot in the face as the group, all members of the Brixton based GAS gang, fired three bullets into the Stockwell Food and Wine shop in March last year.

During the seven week trial at the Old Bailey, jurors heard how the trio met in Foxley Square, Stockwell, and cycled to the shop in Stockwell Road on the evening of March 29.

They briefly stopped off at a house, which is home to one of McCalla’s relatives, and put on three white masks.

They were next seen, with hoods up and masks on, continuing their journey towards the main road, where they began chasing a rival gang member, Roshaun Bryan.

Mr Bryan, who is awaiting a trial for drugs offences, told the court he was “scared” before the attack, while Stephen Kamlish QC, defending Grant, suggested a rival drug dealer had ordered him to be shot.

Grant, the alleged gunman, refused to give evidence when questioned.

Meanwhile, McCalla, the only defendant to take the stand during the trial, told the court he felt “remorseful” after the botched attack.

He told jurors he thought the group was going to rob a drug dealer of 1kg of cannabis.

He said: “I'm a cannabis user and I was broke, I had no money. I would have smoked some and tried to sell some.”

McCalla said he saw the other two men, who when asked he refused to name as Grant and Kolawole, turn left on to Stockwell Road and then heard 'something like a gunshot'.

He said: “My instant reaction was to ride off. I thought the noise might have been a Ribena carton squashing. But as I was riding back towards him another shot goes off.

“I hadn't seen what had happened in the shop. I felt remorseful. I didn't see anyone actually get hit.”

McCalla, of Oakdale Road, Grant, of Camberwell New Road, and Kolawole, of Black Prince Road, denied attempted murder, wounding with intent and possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life but were convicted of all charges.