Fearsome weather is forecast for tomorrow in Croydon with further flooding expected as the Met Office issues three weather warnings for the region.
Heavy and persistent rain is expected to hit in the early hours of tomorrow morning and there will not be much respite throughout the day.
The Met Office says there is some uncertainty about the path of the frontal system but it is likely the rain will keep battering the borough into the early hours of Saturday.
Gusts of 60 to 70mph are possible tomorrow afternoon and the Met Office is warning of the potential for disruption to travel as well as trees being uprooted.
Winds will ease from the west during Saturday morning.
- Armed forces deployed in London in response to critical terror alert
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- More armed officers to be deployed at London events, including FA Cup final and Twickenham rugby final
- Met chief condemns 'appalling' terrorist attack in Manchester
- Mayor of London: There will be more police on the capital's streets after terror attack in Manchester Arena