Barratt Homes reports that first-time buyers are the driving force at its new development Trinity Village in Bromley. Since it launched last year, of the 49 sales recorded to date, 61 per cent have been to first-time buyers, with 35 per cent securing a home using Barratt Homes FirstBuy scheme. With FirstBuy, buyers at the development are offered a loan of up to 20 per cent of the price of a property, jointly funded by Barratt Homes and the Government’s Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). Purchasers then only have to find the remaining 80 per cent of the price themselves, up to 75 per cent of which could be a mortgage, leaving an affordable deposit of just five per cent. It means a first-time buyer at Trinity Village could secure a one-bedroom apartment with £9,149 upfront.
Lynnette St-Quintin, sales director for Barratt Southern Counties, said: “The economic climate has been challenging in recent years, particularly for first-time buyers. These new sales figures at Trinity Village illustrate there are still plenty of first-time buyers who are hungry to secure a high-quality home. Barratt Homes’ FirstBuy scheme is helping many of them fulfil that ambition at Trinity Village and I would urge would-be home owners to come and speak to our sales team today.”
Trinity Village is a collection of one and two bedroom apartments and two, three and four-bedroom houses situated beside Bromley Common. Barratt Homes’ scheme forms part of a wider development of 800 private and affordable homes that are being delivered in partnership with Ward Homes and Asprey Homes. Current prices at Trinity Village start from £182,995 for a one bedroom apartment. For further details, please contact www.barratthomes.co.uk or call 020 8466 7641.